What could be easier than rolling a bunch of chicken drumsticks in hot, Red Palm Fruit Oil and sprinkling with your very own chicken seasoning. Pop it in the oven for an hour, and dinner is almost done. Add some greens on the side and some fluffy, mashed cauliflower for you and fluffy mashed, potatoes for the kids.
A delicious, yummy, cheap dinner all ready to be served!
A favourite in our home. Enjoy.
- 3 kg chicken drumsticks
- Red Palm Fruit Oil or another heat stable oil such as coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon dried paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- ½ teaspoon mustard powder
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon cumin
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ¼ teaspoon chicken stock powder
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees
- Add 1-2 tablespoons Red palm Fruit oil to a baking dish and place in oven for 5 mins.
- Rinse chicken drumsticks and pat dry with a paper towel.
- Place drumsticks in
bakingtray, turning to coat with the hot oil. BE CAREFUL!
- Mix chicken seasoning ingredients together in a small glass jar and shake to combine.
- Sprinkle chicken seasoning over drumsticks.
- Place in oven and bake for half an hour, turn then bake another half an hour.
- Check to see that the chicken is cooked through - the juices will run clear.
- Serve with vegetable sides of your choice.
Make your own chicken seasoning in bulk and then this dish will be even quicker!