Yep, it’s hard to resist a bowl of sugar-laden ice cream. Recently, I was visiting friends who served me a sugar and grain-free lemon meringue pie – WITH a scoop of ice cream. I enjoyed every last bite of my pie and ice cream. I secretly felt a little guilty eating the ice cream. I am a Trim Healthy Mama and I have a blog about THM and I kinda feel like when people are looking I should be doing the right thing.
BUT, the ice cream was so yummy and just right paired with the lemon meringue pie. I had two servings, shhhh! Don’t tell.
Now, my lovely hosts are also Trim healthy Mama’s and Papa’s and I thought maybe they were just being polite with the ice cream thing. Imagine my pure shock and delight when they revealed that the ice cream was Trim Healthy Mama Ice Cream! And easy to make with no fancy ingredients or footwork. After that discovery, I went back for thirds! It may have been a little bit of calorie abuse, but it was gooood.
This recipe is really easy: mix it, freeze it, eat it.
- 3 cups Thickened Cream
- ½ cup Xylitol
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Sweet Stevia Blend or THM Sweet Blend
- 3 egg yolks
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla Essence
- Beat all ingredients together for 5 minutes or until firm, but not hard.
- Pour into a container and freeze for about 7 hours.
- Serve in pretty bowls (Or eat straight from the container...).