When I am in the mood for some crumbed fish, I no longer head to my local takeaway shop. I go straight to my kitchen and cook up a much healthier version – Healthy Crumbed Fish. It’s no secret that eating fast foods can lead to a variety of health problems. They are high in unhealthy fats, way too much table salt and preservatives and often, sugar. Not exactly the best fuels for a healthy body. Give your crumbed fish a healthy makeover at home and you can enjoy this yummy treat without the guilt. Whats more, by simply upping the flavour with good ingredients and spices, as well as using healthier cooking methods, you will be delighted in how your meal tastes. This Healthy Crumbed Fish recipe is sure to be a hit with the whole family. My kids love it.
- 1 tablespoon coriander seeds
- 1 tablespoon cumin seeds
- ½ cup sesame seeds
- 1 cup almond meal
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 2 egg whites, lightly beaten
- 4 x 180g fillets white fish
- Coconut oil for frying
- Lemon wedges to serve
- To make crumb mix:
- Place coriander and cumin seeds in a frypan and toast over medium heat until fragrant, about 3 mins.
- Allow to cool, then grind finely
witha mortar and pestle or food processor.
- If using a Thermomix, add spices to
bowland dry roast, 2-3 mins/ varoma/speed 1. Then grind 1 min/speed 9
- Place spice mix, sesame seeds , almond meal and parsley in a bowl. Season and set aside.
- Place egg whites in a shallow bowl.
- Coat fish in egg whites then crumb mix.
- Heat coconut oil in frying pan over medium heat and pan fry fish for 4 mins each side, or until cooked through.
- Serve with a big bowl of green garden salad and lemon wedges.